nafex - [NAFEX] jujube off-tree ripening

  • From: "Moyer, Richard" <ramoyer@king.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] jujube off-tree ripening
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:18:34 -0400

Jujube fruits are beginning to fall from our two bearing trees. The ants
are eating too many of them, even though we're picking them up daily. We
could pick them from the tree, but really want them to dry fully for
longterm storage at room temps.
This from crfg.org:
"Ripe fruits may be stored at room temperature for about a week.....Tree
dried fruit stores indefinitely"
Anyone know how well the mahogany colored fruits dry off the tree? Could I
go ahead and pick all the colored ones or shake them down? How about the
ones that are brown and yellow; do they dry well?
Thanks,
Richard Moyer, East Tenn