nafex - [NAFEX] Ripening figs

  • From: Diane Porter <dporter@birdwatching.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Ripening figs
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:34:22 -0500

Hi mIEKAL-

Thank you for replying to my question about the figs. I have read on the internet about Brown Turkeys ripening in July, so I got kind of worried about my little green rocks!

You give me hope, though. I've got the trees in the sunniest spot in the yard, against the southern white wall of the house. It's been really horribly hot until the last couple of days, and I guess that's good. I painted the black pots white because they got so hot I couldn't touch them, and the leaves wilted every day, despite plenty of water. Since I painted the pots, the leaves don't wilt much any more. (It took about six coats to do the job.)

But I guess the trees like the sunlight and the heat. I hope they get enough. My mouth is really watering for those figs!

Diane Porter