nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Juicing

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Juicing
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:50:01 -0700

One thing I can add. If you use a steam juicer, be sure to get a stainless
steel one - some fruit acids can dissolve aluminum into the juice.
Personally, I find that only fruits with very strong flavors make good juice
in a steam juicer. To my taste, the juice of milder fruits is diluted and
weakened by steam. My own preference is raw juice, whenever possible. For
that I use something like a Champion juicer, or a Foley Food mill.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com