nafex - Re: [NAFEX] duck weed

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] duck weed
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 07:55:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Did you cap your compost pile with soil, or cover it with a tarp?

Also, I think the bulk of the nitrogen will be lost as part of the
composting process.

Nitrogen is what gets a pile cooking. I have often read that to heat a
pile quickly make the first layer green matter (fresh green grass, etc)
and then put a couple inches of soil between each additional layer.

Later,
Tom

--
Southwest Ontario