nafex - [NAFEX] Hmmmm...I seem to recall

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Hmmmm...I seem to recall
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:28:49 -0700 (PDT)

Richard wrote:

Am interested in Lucky and others planting in clover as a living mulch.

My reply:

I initiated a thread on this a couple of years ago. I was looking for a
living mulch and sort of took a shine to clover. As I recall Ed Fackler and
a few others mentioned something to the effect that the height and relative
coolness of clover made it a haven for nasty bugs and the relative low height
discouraged the presence of beneficials. As a result stink bugs and others
got way out of hand.

As a result I never planted the clover and have been mulching away with
composted materials.

Perhaps Ed (and others) would like to revisit this topic and recite the
negatives on the topic.

All the best,

Kevin(the fluffy bunny)Mathews

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with
email@yourgroup.org by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag