nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hmmmm...I seem to recall

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hmmmm...I seem to recall
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:44:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, fuwa fuwa usagi wrote:

<snip> I initiated a thread on this a couple of years ago. I was looking
for a living mulch and sort of took a shine to clover. As I recall Ed Fackler
and a few others mentioned something to the effect that the height and
relative coolness of clover made it a haven for nasty bugs and the
relative low height discouraged the presence of beneficials. As a result
stink bugs and others got way out of hand. As a result I never planted
the clover and have been mulching away with composted materials. <snip>

Hi,

If there are particular varieties of clover that were tested I would like
to know. Red clover and white clover are very different.

Thanks, Tom