nafex - [NAFEX] Potted grape vines

  • From: "Rooting" <rooting@hortus.com>
  • To: "Woody Plants List," <woodyplants@hort.net>, "Rare Fruit List," <rarefruit@yahoogroups.com>, "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Potted grape vines
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 13:11:32 -0400

We have several grape cuttings which we rooted from winter cuttings.
They are several varieties. Right now they are leaf only; new stems have not
extended from the woody stems.
We have them in two gallon pots outdoors in north exposure.
We intend to keep then outdoors in plastic pots through-out the year in a
protected area.
Likely we will repot them in idividual pots next winter.

Do you have any ideas on a fertilizer program or the minimum pot size that
they will take.
In the spring in floriculture shops we have seen "chardonnay" cuttings in
one to two quart pots.
Likely these pots are too small for continued pot cultivation ... maybe
maybe not.

regards
MRK