nafex - Re: [NAFEX] borers:peach

  • From: "HDessureault" <inter.verbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] borers:peach
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:25:41 -0500

Hi Jon,
Using a seringue you can spurt an organic liquid or you can dust an organic
powder insecticide in the hole and using a wire (see my other text from this
afternoon) to destroy the borers. Also I am not sure of this address but it
gives a description of borers.
www.spcbt/org/consumer/woodtree
If the address is not right, go to Texas Agricultural Extension Service and
search for an article entitled
Wood-boring Insects of Trees and Shrubs
somewhere in the site which gives a complete description of different
borers found in trees.
Once the larvae are at work, you have to get to them in the tree, while
doing the least amount of damage to the tree. It is too late to prevent
laying eggs with moth balls.
Personally, I got rid of the problem for the time being without Lindane or
the like which I do not use at our place.
I don't see the point of doing a lot of work growing vegetables and fruits,
which I could afford to buy. The only advantage is in the added quality
which is in the great taste and the absence of dangerous pesticides,
fungicides and herbicides. I don't think I would use chimney creasote,
whatever that is.
Good luck,
Hélène, zone 3-4