nafex - Re: [NAFEX] elderberries

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] elderberries
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:46:18 -0700

The standard cultivated elderberries need heavy pruning to renew the bushes.
I got tired of mine and mowed them off with a flail mower, thinking to kill
them. Nope. They came back better than ever. I have two of each and
alternate bushes - every three or four years, mow one off. The next year,
do the other one. They do great that way.
-Lon Rombough

Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com