nafex - [NAFEX] Napolean Cherry

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Napolean Cherry
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:15:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the hardiness of Napoleon cherry trees?

Just picked up a 1.5 liter basket in the Vineland area of Ontario (Niagara
region) and was very pleased with the taste of the Napoleon cherry

It is sweet, firm, yellow in color with a red blush. I read it is used
mostly for canning, but the ones I tasted were better than the reds
(sorry, don't know the red's variety).

Paid $6.00 CDN for that 1.5 liter basket. Premium price as much fruit was
lost to late frosts.

Anyone have experience with Napoleon in northern reaches?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Southwest Ontario