nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Napolean Cherry

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Napolean Cherry
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 23:18:28 -0400

A 20:15 02.07.09 -0400, vous avez écrit :
>Hi,
>
>Can anyone tell me the hardiness of Napoleon cherry trees?

Tom, I don't grow it - too cold at my place. According to most books I have
seen, there is nothing that could make us think it could be hardier than
other Bigarreau varieties.

So if you can grow the main sweet cherry varieties like Bing, Hedelfingen,
Van, Lapins or Stella, you can safely try Napoleon

Note that Rainier is also a yellow and red cherry of very high quality that
is similar to Napoleon.

Claude, Quebec.