nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ginko trees fading

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@oregonfast.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ginko trees fading
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:01:52 -0700

Ginda Fisher wrote:

I don't grow ginkos, and don't know why your leaves are wilting, but they are
commonly grown by
municipalities. I understand the trees tolerate air pollution, and the males
are relatively tidy
street trees. You might try asking whoever is in charge of trees for the
nearest municipality
large enough to have such an employee. (my town hires an arborist, so it
doesn't have to be a
very large municipality.) Your local (or nearby) arborist probably knows
what's up with them.

Ginda

Ginkos are not very popular here in Oregon.
I have not seen a single one other than mine in my travels to Eugene, Newport and Coos Bay.
I doubt that there is an Arborist around to ask.
The OS extention service would be the only place to ask.
I may stop there the next time I am in Eugene if they are open when I am there.
Sam