nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Low chill apple?

  • From: "Kathleen Meigs" <kmeigs@tcsn.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Low chill apple?
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:00:44 -0700

In Southern California we have low chill apples: Anna, Beverly Hills, and to
some extent Fuji.

Orr apple crop (not low chill) was wiped out by the late freeze in the third
week of April. First time that has happened in the 4 years I"ve been here.
Bartlett pears were ok though because of the stage they wre in. Of course,
all the drupe fruit was lost earlier as is freqently the case. The rain here
this week is also highly unusual and is hurting the dryland framers who had
just mowed their hay.

Katy Meigs
Jolon at Last Farm
Central California