nafex - Re: [NAFEX] FW: Grape Leaf Compounds

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] FW: Grape Leaf Compounds
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 09:42:01 -0400

I can remember when My Folks and grandparents also my wife said her mother and others put a grape leaf in with the pickles while canning 70 years ago. You even seen it when you went visiting and someone opened pickles.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.
From: paul simon <paul.simon@tcs.wap.org>

In the 60's, when I was attending Mich. State Univ., I told my mother to put a grape leaf in the quart jar of pickles. This kept them crisp for at least 6 to 9 months. They otherwise tended to get soft and soggy and were not very appealing. I think the head of the Hort. Dept. mentioned, although I am not sure after all this time. Paul S.