nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Gasoline Contamination

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Gasoline Contamination
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 13:36:35 +0000

5. I know that a lot of small engine shops make quick money by simply
draining the water from carburetors, starting the engines, then billing
the customer for some imaginary repairs. Rgds, Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

A small engine mechanic I know spoke of this being their prime source of revenue...water in gas. There used to be funnels with brass mesh so fine it stopped water from going through......he said this is the single most important piece of maintenance equipment for small motors. He got me a piece of the screen to add to my funnels. Sorry I don't know what the mesh is that passes gasoline but not water, perhaps someone else does.
Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3