nafex - Re: [NAFEX] gasoline

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] gasoline
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 11:58:52 -0400

Betty
Anything I have that is old as leaded gas I use nothing but "Mobil" Super unleaded gas. If I didn't I would not be able to start my Troy built commercial tiller. It would be carboned up so bad It would not start. As a matter of fact I use it in all my equipment. I learned this from a couple places. Most High octane gas is strictly that and does not have the cleaning additives. I also use it in my vehicles. My plugs have been as clean in my engines as the day purchased. I learned this working with the people in general motors whose took apart engines that see how different systems worked on there engines. I also had a 1974 Ford van that would start showing I was loosing power and gas mileage would drop from 21 mpg to as low as 7 MPG. This was all shown on my self installed computers before they were an option in cars as they are now. I would have to pull over to the side of the road and Kept pumping the gas till I got the engine to start firing on all 8 cyl. There would be a huge cloud of black smoke as the engine finally cleared it's throat. One day I decided to make it off the express way pulled into a mobil Gas station and ask for a carbon cleaner to put in the tank. He didn't have any and sent me down the street to a automotive store. The manager there said yeah I can sell you something, but the best thing I can do for you is tell you to go back to the Mobil station or any Mobil station and run a couple tankfulls of Mobil super unleaded gas and see what happens. I have not had any trouble since. Everyone besides my five children and people they tell have been doing this whenever there cars start acting up with proven success.
I Purchased a new 90 hp Evinrude Outboard engine for my Boat about 7 years ago. It recommends high octane gas that has additives at all times. It also states that once a year it is beneficial to run racing fuel in the engine, Why? Because it has all the cleaning additives additives many more than auto gas.
I would even add fuel injection cleaner to my gas for equipment if I could not get the other.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.