nafex - [NAFEX] Plum curculio

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Plum curculio
  • Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 11:48:25 -0400

Hello all,
This year, I want to spray my plums for plum curculio. I haven't done it
before, but with global warming, it seems the little beasts now survive the
milder winters we have had recently. Last year, they didn't leave me more
than a couple of plums while, a few years ago, they only got about 10% of
the crop. This increase in damage has triggered me to do something about it.

Unfortunately, Surround is still not on sale in Canada (as far as I know).
So I am looking for suggestions on an efficient spray for this pest, as
well as timing recommendations.

I expect flowering will start by May 25. I have 3 trees to treat, 10-15
years old.

Thanks,
Claude