nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sprayer Cleaning

  • From: Mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sprayer Cleaning
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 16:54:23 -0400

>Could someone please instruct me on the proper method to >clean a sprayer
>that has been used for herbicide?

>It is one of those 4 gallon backpack style models.
My information may be out of date, but back when I initially got my pesticide
license, the standard for cleaning out any sprayer was a thorough triple
rinse - water only. Although I would prefer a 2nd sprayer for herbicide its
not in my budget, and am a little nervous when going from Roundup back to
fungi/insecticide, I have never had a noticeable problem.

The only exception I have ever heard to this "rule" was not for a herbicide,
but for a pesticide approved for grapes that caused extreme phytotoxicity in
apples of MacIntosh descent.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6