nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple - potted culture

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple - potted culture
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 12:40:25 -0400

Same weather here. I guess we do have similar climates. :)

It looks like I may get a few flowers on one of the bush cherries I
planted last fall (Prunus fruticosa) from St. Lawrence Nurseries. Do
you think it's okay to leave them on the plant? It's a good size bush,
although maybe 1/5 of it seems to have been lost somewhere between
digging last fall and bud-break this spring.

By the way, while folks are plugging mail-order nurseries, I'd like to
put in a word for St. Lawrence. They only do cold-weather stuff, but
their plants have been large, healthy, and well packaged, and arrive
early in the spring. They also have all sorts of plants I haven't seen
elsewhere. The blueberries I got from them last year (to replace some
that weren't doing well) are as large, and have nearly as many fruit
buds, as the ones I bought from Miller four years ago.

Ginda Fisher
eastern Mass., zone 6