nafex - Re: [nafex] Tom's trial poll......

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@oregonfast.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Tom's trial poll......
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:24:35 -0700

That has been ny experience.
If you don't let them set a cookie you don't get back in.
They just don't recognize you as a member.
You would have to sign in as a new mwmber every time.
And you would have to use a new user name and password each time.
I am registered at a number of sites 2 or 3 times because i forgot my
user name or password and they would not let me in on my cookie.
Now I try to keep an up to date user list by my computer.
A cookie is why you see your user name pop up at the top of the screen
when you connect to a site. They know you from it.
Sam
Incidentally I rarely get any spam at all even though I must have 1000
cookis set.

Betty Mayfield wrote:

> At 02:14 PM 4/22/2002 -0400, Gianni wrote:
>
> >Same with me as Don's visit to the polling booth.......
> >
> >I just voted in the example poll Tom provided with no probs.
> >My cookies are set and recognized by Yahoo and it let me right in.
> >Go figure???
>

> Maybe that's the secret--cookies. I always reject cookies, which may
> be why
> I can't get on Yahoo, but on the other hand I get very little spam
> either.
> And what I do get is related to some product I have bought--e.g. I buy
> garden tool and get an ad for another garden tool.
>
> Betty Mayfield
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> 4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a
> posting and NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting
> was large).

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.