nafex - [nafex] Chemical Pruning

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Chemical Pruning
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:35:45 -0400

Hi All,

Still researching my own question and found this informative
web page on chemical pruning;

http://www.nal.usda.gov/ttic/tektran/data/000010/76/0000107640.html

Will these advances make our pruning lives easier?

"A new PGR (plant growth regulator), prohexadione-Ca was
applied to vigorous apple trees at various rates and timings
over a five year period. This PGR was very effective for
reducing shoot growth in apple trees when applied as a
single spray near petal fall or in multiple low-dose sprays
during the early part of the growing season. Application of
prohexadione-Ca produced no adverse effects on cropping or
fruit quality." Approved Date: 1999-11-30, TEKTRAN United
States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research
Service, Updated: 2000-02-24

Still would like to hear from our NAFEX experts.

Later,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio