nafex - [nafex] all the hosts are very similar

  • From: "DerryWalsh" <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] all the hosts are very similar
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:48:21 -0700

Lon,

I started a chat group with yahoogroups.ca and it is unlisted so people
searching the net cannot find it and you can only get on by invitation from
me. You can select individual posts or digests. You can get the posts on to
your home computer or you can go to the web site for yahoogroups and get
them (if you choose the latter, you will get all sorts of advertisements).

Yahoogroups doesn't charge and they do put text ads (banners) on the bottom
of each post.

Yahoogroups has the same weak spot with archives, they are not searchable,
they are listed chronologically... at least I don't know how to search them.

Derry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill Chase & Derry Walsh
Aldergrove, B.C., Canada
phone/fax (604) 856-9316
www.interchange.ubc.ca/wchase/HTML
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They offer things total privacy, so
> that a search won't even turn up your group, and all members join by
> invitation only. You have the option of getting the messages singly or in
> digest, or none at all, going to a website to view and respond to them as
> you wish. They don't charge, though they do put text ads on the letters.
> The only weak spot is that the archives are strictly in chronological
order
> - they are not searchable

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.