nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Off Topic Cyser?

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Off Topic Cyser?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:41:19 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Hank Parker wrote:

> Pray tell: what is cyser????

Hello,

Cyser is a form of meade (sp?), a fermented beverage (alcohol), where the
primary ingrediants are water and honey. Replace the water with fresh
cider and it is called cyser.

Very similar to making wine at home, very simple (the way I do it anyway).

But I will let more experienced people tell you about doing it. I am a
novice, but I like to find uses for my excess fruit juice. Plus, spirits
are outrageously priced in Canada (boy I miss New Hampshire liquor
stores).

There are recipes for cyser which can be made in 1 gallon glass bottles.
That way you can make a small batch and see if you like it.

Cyser does seem to have a higher alcohol content. My first batch came out
at 11.82% alcohol. Not that I wanted it that high, just my first attempt.
It will be fine in wine coolers this summer.

Later,
Tom

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.