nafex - [nafex] Re: chestnuts

  • From: "marklee3" <marklee3@onebox.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: chestnuts
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 20:12:52 -0000

I also would like to hear advice on the subject of chestnuts. I have
2 trees. One is from a nursery in South Dakota and was planted as a
seedling in 1984. The other was started from seed from a local
(Seattle) tree in 1986. The past two seasons, one of the trees has
produced blanks (no nuts inside). That is all these trees have ever
produced. Is it possible they are both sterile? There is a huge
chestnut tree a few houses away that produces, so my climate/location
is not the problem.
-Mark

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search