nafex - [nafex] Re: Scrumpy

  • From: "edforest2010" <edforest55@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Scrumpy
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:41:16 -0000

"Well, if that's the case, I have one more excuse to visit my friend
in England this winter. From Doug's post it sounds like I haven't
tried the real thing, as the stuff my friend bought me" . . .
pause . . .

at six am he goes to the kitchen, opens the last of three bottles his
friend bought from London labeled "Strong, extra dry" and tastes it.

"Well, I was about to say that in the first two bottles I hadn't
detected any bitterness, but this last one, yes, slightly bitter.
Excellent, I love it. Its made by a company named Westons. Maybe it is
mass produced and not the real traditional stuff, so, yes, I am
anxious to travel the backroads of England on a . . . hick . . .
mission."
BTW, I think that the idea that beer and whiskey became more popular
due to its non perishable nature could have a lot of merit, in fact,
peers to me that's a huge advantage for city dwellers and large
companies who need to keep a labor force "brewing" all year rather
than just in the fall when the apples are ripe.
Kevin B

http://us.click.yahoo.com/IgTaHA/ZQdDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM