nafex - [RibesNAFEX] Re; Interim planting, row question

  • From: Ribes60@aol.com
  • To: RibesNAFEX@topica.com
  • Subject: [RibesNAFEX] Re; Interim planting, row question
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 09:55:25 EDT

Dale, You wrote:   Thanks for the imput,
Currants do seem the best choice. I don't know of their life expectancy
though, or root spread

My response:   The life expectancy of black currant plants in this country is about
20 plus years, if managed well. Maybe even more. The roots are close to the surface and, in time, will spread to about 8 feet in diameter but most often are about 6 feet. Plants can be pulled with little effort.

Ed
Northumberland BerryWorks
707 Front Street
Northumberland, PA 17857