nafex - [nafex] Here's to disease-prone, noncommercial old varieties!

  • From: "Kristina & Bruce" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Here's to disease-prone, noncommercial old varieties!
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:57:25 -0400

My Golden Transparent Gage is bearing this year for the first time. The
plums are abundant and it's fair to say they have a nicer apricot flavor than
what generally pass for apricots these days. Yes, it's susceptible to black
knot and I'll probably find myself removing a quarter of the tree when
pruning out knots this winter. Yes, the plums are smaller than those at the
store and probably can't be shipped 2,000 miles to market. It's worth it.
Bruce Wittchen
Z6 Connecticut

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!

Monitoring Service trial