nafex - Re: [nafex] The summer of my discontent (some things off topic)

  • From: "kevin poland" <kvpoland@midmaine.com>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] The summer of my discontent (some things off topic)
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:56:13 -0400

you should have tried farming on the coast of maine this summer- no real
rain since early june-
1/2 acre lettuces/greens dried up
after having salable broccoli by june 15, watching 1/2 acres of 2nd and 3rd
crop shrivel and dry up
1/4 acre of cabbages refusing to form heads
apples dropping off trees
2 + acres blue berries turning into raisens
not being able to replant 3rd and 4th crops of beans
planting oats for cover crops and watching as they don't grow and the wild
turkeys feast
good year for drying firewood though