nafex - Re: [nafex] Doyle vs. Triple Crown

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Doyle vs. Triple Crown
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:09:54 -0700

Title: Re: [nafex] Doyle vs. Triple Crown
Wait on the Doyle to judge flavor.  Mine was acid last year, but this year, being better established, is better flavored.  This variety seems to change as it becomes more and more established.  The berries are better filled and the druplets are larger, which makes the seeds seem smaller.
Doyle is also able to produce shoots from root cuttings.  Mine has produced a new crown about three feet from the original where a gopher cut a root, which stimulated a new plant to come up.  So don't go cultivating around the plants much  or you may find yourself with a wealth of new ones.
-Lon Rombough