nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: pollinator changes

  • From: DocKW@aol.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: pollinator changes
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:14:26 EDT

Bumble bees love lambs ears flowers and sunflowers....put a few more a round
the garden to help them along.
Honey bees are now an annual crop here in CT...they are killed by the mites
over the winter despite lots of honey in the hive....and every year we need a
new queen and some bees.  They thrive in the summer...though this year we got
a hive of the worst tempered bees I've ever seen....would not stop stinging
on a routine hive inspection...and this for half an hour after the hive was
closed!
Lots of bumblers here this year , and deer and tree rats...
Time to move ...:(
Karl Olson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor