nafex - Re: [nafex] zone 3 blackberries ?

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] zone 3 blackberries ?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 09:37:37 +0000

Del,
Anytime you want to try blackberries that are native to zone 3, I would be
glad
to send you some roots in the fall. I have found them to be less brittle in
the
fall than in the spring when they tend to break a lot in handling and
planting.
We have so many huge wild blackberries here and also, Ken Parr, Vermont zone 3
NAFEXer is presently exploring northern strains both in Vermont and I believe,
Quebec. Armando Bona is more familiar with that project and occasionally we
hear
from him here on the group. Are you listening Armando? :-)
vic NH zone 3