nafex - Re: [nafex] Help

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@bunchgrapes.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Help
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 06:07:49 -0700

Sounds like a spittlebug, the young of a leafhopper. Poke around in one of
the masses and you should find a pale green nymph form of the insect. They
make the mass of "spit" as a protection. If you don't have a lot of them, a
high pressure hose will wash them off. Otherwise, you might try Neem. They
usually aren't harmful unless they are quite prolific.