nafex - RE: [nafex] the disappointing elderberry

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <erdmanj@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@yahoogroups.com'" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] the disappointing elderberry
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 06:31:08 -0500

I am finding the comments on elderberries interesting. I have found them
unappealing fresh, and have made wine from them a couple of times, and found
the wine to also be unappealing. Some elderberries leave a greenish-yellow
greasy or waxy scum in the fermenting container, which is very hard to
remove. Anyone have any coments on that?
I've decided that elderberries aren't worth the bother.

Jim Erdman
(Menomonie, WI)

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!