nafex - Re: [nafex] Mini Press Plans?

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Mini Press Plans?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:46:05 -0400

I just tried this tonight. I cooked up my two tablespoons of black
currants in a cup in the microwave, with about as much sugar as fruit.
I had just washed them, so there was a little added water. After the
first minute, I stirred everything. Then I returned to the oven for 30
seconds. (Presumably, you'd need to cook this longer if you had more
fruit.)

It worked surprisingly well. I prefer the beautiful strained jelly, but
I barely noticed the seeds as I ate, and the taste and texture were
good.

Ginda