nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Japanese beetles

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Japanese beetles
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 22:55:26 -0400

A mild year for beetles, and for grubs in general. I'm inclined to give
some credit to the milky spore fungus I put down a few years ago, and
some to the Ortho Grub-b-gon I put on the grass last summer (It's
supposed to act by making them molt prematurely, and have low toxicity
to non-beetles, including earthworms, bees, and children.) Then again,
it might just be luck. We also had a lot of skunks this spring, which
helps, some.

Ginda Fisher
zone 6, eastern Mass.