nafex - [nafex] How I Found NAFEX

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] How I Found NAFEX
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:07:12 -0500

Tom Olenio wrote:
> How did you become aware of NAFEX?
>
>It may give us some insight as to how to reach out to new members.
>
>How do we poll the complete membership?

A coupon could be inserted in the next issue of Pomona asking how a reader
found NAFEX.

Personally, I had heard about NAFEX from fellow garden writers and magazine
editors in the 1980's. I got the Applesource catalog in 1993 to order
apples, and it included information about joining NAFEX. I joined shortly
afterwards. Then, I let my membership lapse, and Jill Vorbeck shamed me
into rejoining in 1997. I have learned 99 percent of what I know about
fruit from NAFEX. Books are only a starting place.
Doreen Howard