nafex - [nafex] Big Box Closeouts

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: <qofex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Big Box Closeouts
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:50:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hello All,

Now I know how most of you feel about "big box" and department store plant
material, but it is that time of year when they are clearing their plant
material out.

Although, not the best varieties, none are so bad you would toss out the
plant, and they can round out a collection nicely at a very good price.

I have seen vines and canes for $1 CDN at Wal-MArt, and ribes at a large
food chain in Canada (Zehrs) for 1.99.

Bet you could even get the manager to even give some of the stuff to you
just to get it out of their hair.

Just an opportunity to collect some more varieties very cheaply. Just
make sure you are getting something worth what you are paying (I know
some of the stuff in not worth anything).

Later,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio