nafex - Re: [nafex] More on Stark

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] More on Stark
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 08:28:54 -0400

Doreen Howard wrote:

Do you think this is the economy or social changes?

Hi,

I will make just a single observation on societal change from personal observation...

When I was a lad, which was not that long ago, my friends and I could hop on our bikes and ride over to our grandparents house.  We could do it most anytime, without calling, and Grandma and Grandpa were always happy to see us, and spend time with us.

Again, this was not just me, but any number of my friends.

Today, as stated in another email, you need an appointment to see them.  People are never home.

I don't begrudge seniors these benefits, but I am sorry for my kids who will never have the benefit of this time.  Time in the yard tending grapes or other plantings, with a loving adult, who is happy to take the time to teach.

You cannot develop an appreciation for things that you never see or hear about.  And sadly, people with no appreciation have no idea that they are missing anything.

Just my opinion.

Regards,
Tom

--