nafex - Re: [nafex] apricot shock treatment

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] apricot shock treatment
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 21:06:46 -0400

Del
I use the sweat method for bare root that gets them started fast.
I potted the bare sticks, then grouped them. Next I had a roll of clear
plastic that I made big enough to put over them to the ground. I did watch
the temperature while in the tent, and pulled the tent up to ventilate when
the temps started to get just above 100 degrees. I don't know how warm I
should have let them get but I didn't want to chance cooking them. Within a
week they all were sprouting leaves. I never lost a one of the 8 I did this
with. I would do it again especially with bare root. I never used to have
much success with bare root till know.
Gordon C. Nofs