nafex - Re: [nafex] Problem Identification Resources

  • From: Suzi Teghtmeyer <srt175f@smsu.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Problem Identification Resources
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 15:10:42 -0500

Tom,
Have you tried using the Internet search engines for just agricultural information?  USAIN's Access to Extension and Experiment Station Publications, http://usain.org/extensionpubs.html has many EXCELLENT search engines strictly for finding extension information.  I have the best luck finding fruit information using E-Answers and Plant Facts Database.

As to tree fruit problems, there are many resources available.  Here is just a short list of sites - many more are compiled at:  http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/frtlinks.htm

AgNIC's compilation of Tree Fruits sites, specifically Apples
Apple IPM Program from the University of Maine
Malus Core Project Images
The UMass Fruit Advisor
Michigan Apple Commission

New England Apple Pest Management Guide, 2000-2001
New York Apple Association
Pennsylvania Tree Fruit Production Guide
- from Penn State Cooperative Extension
Propagating Deciduous Fruit Plants Common to Georgia - Describes techniques for propagating apples, figs, peaches, pears and other fruits. An excellent treatise on grafting techniques.
U.S. Apple Association (USApple)
WSU-TFREC
is the research and extension center of Washington State University dedicated to the tree fruit sciences.

I hope this helps,
--------Suzi Teghtmeyer
Head Librarian, Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science
SMSU Research Campus and Missouri Fruit Experiment Station
9740 Red Spring Rd, Mountain Grove, MO 65711
Phone: 417-926-4105, Fax: 417-926-6646,  email: srt175f@smsu.edu
Member: CBHL, USAIN, ALA, ACRL, IAALD