nafex - bottled grapes

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: dailey@sas.upenn.edu
  • Subject: bottled grapes
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 22:16:52 -0400

Mr. Dailey,

Steve Shambeda, of NAFEX, said that you have experience protecting
grapes from critters by growing them in soda bottles. I have a young
canadice grape vine that may fruit this year (this is its third year,
and one of the tendrils is developing bumps that look like flower buds
to me) and I have zillions of critters, both feathered and furred, that
get most of the rest of my fruit.

Have you found this successful? How do you do it? Do you support the
bottle? At what stage do you insert the buds/flower/fruit into the
bottle? Does the bottle have to be clear? Anything else I ought to
know?

Many thanks for your help,

Sincerely,
Ginda Fisher