nafex - Re: [nafex] Digest Number 741

  • From: lee sharp <sharplr@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Digest Number 741
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 10:26:13 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think the pear psylla is related to the
persimmon psylla based on their appearances. I just
received the May 2001 American Fruit Grower and on
page 38, is an article about the pear psylla. The
article states there is a summer form of the adult
which is yellowish brown in color with transparent
wings and also a winter form that is dark , reddish
brown with two pair of smokey colored wings. The
adult size is roughly 2.0mm to 2.5mmin length and
appears to hop then fly away when disturbed. Young
nymphs are yellow and flat with an elongated body
shape, red eyes, and brown antenna. They are almost
always found within a puddle of syrupy, sticky fluid.

Lee Sharp