nafex - RE: [nafex] Re: on Paula Red

  • From: "Gord Hawkes" <logcabinorchard@cyberus.ca>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Re: on Paula Red
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:51:52 -0400

Wow! I'm quite surprised about the bad press on Paula Red. Here in eastern
Ontario it is a flavourful apple that keeps 4 weeks in cold storage. It is
quickly becoming a favourite of our pick-your-own customers. It is one of
the most reliable bloomers and producers of any of our apple varieties.
It's growth habit is rather unsightly and it is difficult to prune but other
than that it'd be one of the last trees I would part with.

Best regards,

Gord Hawkes
Osgoode, Ontario
Canada, EH?