nafex - RE: [nafex] Bee Habits

  • From: "Raby, Brian {20-4~Indianapolis}" <BRIAN.RABY@ROCHE.COM>
  • To: "'nafex@yahoogroups.com'" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Bee Habits
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:21:30 -0400

All,

This is probably the last word on this subject...  This relates to color, and how bees are somehow attracted to the yellow dandelions on the orchard floor over the white flowers in the trees.  I live in the Indianapolis area, and of course all the talk on the radio is the Indy 500 race.  One of the local radio shows was talking to a race car driver about the color patterns of his car and why he choose them.  I said he rather have these colors than the yellow Pennzoil color that Rick Mears use to have on his car over the years.  Evidently, that car and its color were notorious for attracting bees!  During the race wasn't the problem, but during qualifying and while working on the car outdoors to get ready for practices, the crew had to fight off the bees to do their work.  Now if someone could bred a Gala or Honeycrisp with yellow flowers... probably go broke having to thin the trees all the time.

Brian
Sheridan, IN   north of Heaven.