nafex - Re: [nafex] topgrafting americana,prunus rootstocks

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] topgrafting americana,prunus rootstocks
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 12:21:25 -0000

Kevin, just found the website.....
<http://www.agt.net/public/pchenier/thesis/fruit.html>
It mentions using prunus nigra "Canada plum". I haven't encountered it,
have you?
It recommends prunus virginiana for super hardy rootstock....anyone out
there use it? I've got a forest floor covered with seeedlings and think to
move a bunch into nursery bed area for future grafting of plum and or evans
cherry. I would guess it has dwarfing characteristics. Anyone experimented
with it?

Heres another good site for folks like me seeing photos of just what "green
tip" or "popcorn" or "silver tip" mean, from Mich. State U.

http://www.msue.msu.edu/fruit/indexbud.htm