nafex - Re: [nafex] Y. Transparent & Gravenstein

  • From: Phil Norris <COUSINPHIL@ACADIA.NET>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Y. Transparent & Gravenstein
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 10:04:03 -0400

My first introduction to Gravenstein applesauce was by an older
woman, Gladys Gould of Blue Hill, Maine, who had an even older
Gravenstein tree in her yard. "Sit down and try this applesauce,"
she said. "It'll be the best applesauce you've ever eaten." She
was right. When I brought some home to my wife she agreed.

Gladys said that adding spices or sugar was optional but that you
must never add water to Gravenstein applesauce. Just let it cook
down slowly in its own juices.

As for Yellow Transparent, we always look forward to the first apple
pie of the season from a YT tree down the road. Good and tart.
Almost like a spring tonic.

Phil
East Blue Hill, Maine Z4

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVVCC/YKfCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM