nafex - Re: [nafex] "SURROUND"

  • From: ribes60@aol.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Cc: Ed@currants.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] "SURROUND"
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 11:42:13 EDT

I have a supply of Surround that I will be using this summer on my black
currants. I have talked to the manufacturers and they sent it to me for
trial. The concept is that I will use it after the harvest and coat the
leaves of the plant - it should become a "barrier"and that will inhibit or
prevent the formation of telial spore that complete the cycle of White Pine
Blister rust.  I hope th be able to shoiw that coating the leaves will
prevent the spore and therefore reduce the probability of transfer of spore
to white pines.I will post results in September.

I would like to remind everyone that I will have "Open House" at my planting
here in PA on Saturday July 7th this year. The currants and gooseberries are
in full bloom right now and I have hopes of a large crop. Come see and taste
the many varieties that I have.
Ed Mashburn
Northumberland BerryWorks
707 Front Street