nafex - Re: [nafex] "SURROUND"

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] "SURROUND"
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 07:36:28 -0400

Hello,

How does this stuff apply, and is it too dusty/dirty to use near the home?

tom

Ed & Pat Fackler wrote:

> Jjerk5@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Anybody out there have any experience with "Surround". It's supposed to
> > be a
> > barrier made from a kaolin and acts as a covering rather than a pesticide.
>
> My response-------
>
> To expand on Don Yellmans typical comprehensive reply, we've done a
> few trials with Surround. While it literally does work by forming
> the barrier, the one thing which I want to reinterate from Don's
> description is the need for total coverage.
> Also, the "barrier" apparently is difficult for many insects to adhere
> to, or simply they can't negiotiate the surface of fruit.
> I've seen results from one large commercial orchard which was simply
> outstanding in results.
> It is available in smaller quantites from Gardens Alive of
> Lawrenceburg, IN and Fedco Trees (John Bunker) of ME.
>
> Ed, So. Indiana, heaven, etc.

Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Canada
Hardiness Zone 6a

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM