nafex - [nafex] After two nights was (Re: algae)

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] After two nights was (Re: algae)
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:39:42 -0000

> Chris, I'll be out putting buckets of water out too--apricot/plum
hybrids
> in particular. Hope the forecasters are wrong.

This time around the forecasters were dead on.
First night: snow, temps at 32 degrees.
Last night: temps down to 27 degrees.

Last night had sprinklers on Japanese Plums, miniature lights and
some towels on apricot, covered 6 of the 12 blueberries with jugs
under the covers and covered 6 ornamental plantings. The other six
blueberries really need one more year of not cropping, so I thought I
let nature handle it :-) I'm not sure how things will turn out yet,
but when I took off the coverings before I left for work things
didn't look too bad. The jugs of water hadn't frozen, so we'll see.

What apricot/plum hybrids do you have?

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@y..., "sbrenman@n..." <sbrenman@n...> wrote:
> I've been skimming heavy algae blooms off of the farm pond, letting
it dry
> out on the bank and then applying it around fruit trees. ( the
algae is
> probably so abundant due to fertillizer runoff from the neighboring
> farm.) I wonder what kind of analysis algae has for NPK etc.
>
> Chris, I'll be out putting buckets of water out too--apricot/plum
hybrids
> in particular. Hope the forecasters are wrong.
>
> Scott
>

> NetZero Platinum
> No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
> Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
> http://www.netzero.net

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM