nafex - [nafex] Kelp and frost protection

  • From: "H.Dessureault" <inter.verbis@atreide.net>
  • To: "Nafex" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Kelp and frost protection
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:54:35 -0400

I agree with what Doreen said about kelp spray and frost protection. I have used it also with some results in the past.

You can blame the Jet Stream for the cold weather you have been experiencing down south. The weather map was showing a cold spell dipping all the way to Florida. It's been acting up all winter, as can vouch the Maritimers. St-John, Newfoundland had snow again last night.

Here, we have another month to go before frost free date.The ground never froze this winter, as the snow was early and deep.There is a couple of cherry trees and black currants that are showing signs of life, but apple trees and the like are for the majority looking dormant. I'm still pruning. Not grafting for another two weeks.

It's discouraging when Nature does not cooperate and efforts goes to waste.

Don't give up the good work.

Hélène
Zone 3

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
www.debticated.com

  • [nafex] Kelp and frost protection, H.Dessureault, 04/18/2001